Commitment
Thursday, 2 April 2009, 10:09 pm
So much things to do, so little time. Band, China Desk, Cell group and the list goes on. It seems like in trying to maximise exposure, I sacrifice other things such as my spiritual life, studies and the list also goes on. We've all heard of the phrase "one life, live it" but it's quite hard to comprehend the message deeply engraved within it. I want to do so much things before my 18th. Rising up and all, but I guess it's hard for me to do in addition to my rather unwilling body.
I guess commitment comes with a price. When rui called me just now, I know she wants to tell me things, but as i told her that for the following weeks i won't be able to attend sat service, i could literally feel her heart sink. How to rise up like that? I really don't know. I guess in trying to hide my fears I've placed many activities ahead of myself so that I do not need to face the hard facts of reality and all that it encompasses. Commitment comes with a price, and that price has to be duly paid before commitment is birthed. The sleepless nights, the willingness to love people even more, to be a helping hand and to be a light and still loving God even more. and yet, still juggling between School, work and God.
Giving up all to follow Him. Such a statement has resonated through Church. But how many are going to actually live up to this? All my worldly commitments, band and what not, am I willing to give it all up and just focus on my studies and God and the people He's called me to be of help too? I really don't know. I hope when He calls, I'm willing. For now, as i learn to juggle, I guess I'll have to live up and fulfil what I've promised and have been put accountable of.
Had a short but great time with Kenn today. So much procrastination to call and meet him has finally been put to action. I feel satisfied. Thank God for Kenn. Really missed him. Now that he's going to the army, the impending thought of me going into army is even more daunting.
Just some updates about common test, I barely passed math. Borderline pass. Not very fantastic but I've got to thanks God at least I passed.
-YAO YAO! (摇腰)*deng deng*!
envolution