<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/10953663?origin\x3dhttp://envolution.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

me

Gabriel.
September 11
W466 | City Harvest
Pioneer Junior College | 08S32

my tweets

your talk


our language

my past

March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
January 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010

more than just

Saturday, 4 July 2009, 1:06 am

I was about to talk about my fears of talking to people but after some thought, I've decided to blog about what good God has done in my life. And the things that have been happening around me recently.

First up, CHC's going to celebrate 20 years of growth in 29 days! So exciting. It's amazing how a church can grow from 20 to 27ooo in just 20 years! Truly a MILEstone! I thank God for a family of people who have seen me through thick and thin and some are still very much in love with God! I thank God for a place I can find refuge even though I've been astray most of the time and even now! 20 years is just awesome. Will talk more about it when the celebrations are full swing!

Talking about straying. I guess I'm now less innocent about things. I see things from a different perspective now. Some not in a good light but nonetheless I'm not living a sheltered protected stuck in a bubble life. I guess when I fall and learn to climb up, I'll grow. It's human nature I guess. But that said, I'm not condoning the illicit lifestyle that I live. Just that it's my life and path I choose, I pay the price for walking this way. Guess I'm quite short sighted but I'm experiencing it all.

The friendships that I've made have been ok. I guess I'm pretty much always freaked out and overs-sensitive and trying to protect my self-interest that I forget about people and my friendships don't last that long. However, I'm still thankful for the past friendships and current friendships. Those who have seen me through hell and high water.

Ok it's sounding real emo and all but just in case I can't write this on my birthday cos of prelims, at least it's here and I've written at least an introduction to my thank you speech.

Anyway, moving on to life, exams are sort of over. Left with CSE essay which I'm going to research on WIKI. How convenient eh? In any case, it's the last paper which means I won't need to be cramping. I'll just need to have a steady momentum now leading up to the big As!

I know I've never mentioned this before but MOLLY WOOD'S AWESOME. She's on CNET TV. Buzz report and occasionally on BOL! Go watch here if you can. @ cnettv.com
I really like her style of sarcastic journalism. Totally my cup of tea! Brutal yet amusing and loveable.

*disclaimer-you don't need to comprehend this. It's not about God*
My relationship with him is like my vice. Just like smoking is to ahbeng and sex is to prostitute, so is my relationship with him. He feeds a certain area of my emotional life that I long for satisfaction, and he reveals things to me beyond the facade. It's bad. But I've sacrificed for this friendship. I don't know if it's right to continue or let go. I'm not in love. I'm just addicted to the junk I'm feeding on. Just like McDonald's is to Ronald. Oh well. One thing's for sure, I can't blame anyone for leading me astray. I chose this path. I'll just have to see what's up at the next crossroad.

Electrico's my new fave band. Apparently it's due to them singing this year's NDP theme song that attracted me to listen to them. Thousand applaud for rising local talents. They truly cross new frontiers for us. Did I mention that SUN HO makes SG proud too? I guess her breaking the American market is something commendable. Heck what the critics have to say. How far have they gone? Not much pass their keyboard and flickering screens!

Ok I'm pretty much done blogging. Have an awesome weekend! I know I will. Decentralised service + finally serving in choir is another MILEstone for me. Get it? MILE-stone? haha

//more than just... life seen from a facade. So is love more than just mere words.

envolution