Provoked (macro POV!)
Tuesday, 25 August 2009, 9:41 pm
I feel that I've been hanging around some short sighted friends recently. As i blog now, a gush of emotions rushes up. I'll deal with it later. Anyhoots, let this post begin.
I've always thought doing what you like and love was enough. But seriously, just like how TRUE freedom is NOT TOTAL freedom, so is a REAL life NOT living it for yourself. I guess why God created Adam and Eve-focusing on the and eve part-was so that they learnt to be dependent rather than independent. And wouldn't living your life for yourself make you independent? I'm not trying to say that being dependent means you cannot strive for your own goals etc.. but the truth is, if in our haste to achieve our "fullest potential", we neglect those around us, then it's pretty much not worth it. We're created to be dependent somehow or another. Be it on people or money, we rely on things to get by in life. Like food for sustenance, our relationships pretty much keep us and make us who we are. That being said, i really feel it's hard to breakthrough stubborn people. I for one am a stubborn person who would never learn his lesson even after a fall! But i guess as i see people lead less than worthy lives, i become reflective of my corruptible nature.
Being Macro about things is on many counts very important. Seeing things from a larger, societal or group POV has so much more meaning. Like what Pst Tan said, our lives are broken for others, a Macro POV allows us to see the hurt, wounded and broken. Also it allows us to see the mistakes others have made and the need for us to improve on it! Our personal gain is short term, but a group's collective gain will last a long time. The reward does not come just physically but relationally as well.
Ok i'm pretty much done. Not too sure what to rant about. But i guess at the end of the day, I myself have to change. Can't expect others to change because they don't share the same ideals right?
The emotions have now died and reality begins to sink in. 2 Mock papers tmr and a stack of tutorials to complete! BACK TO WORK!
//Cause when the sky's the darkest, you can see the stars.
envolution